[ltp] 100mbit only when docked?

Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:39:34 +0000

On 24/03/15 20:09, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 03/23/2015 08:12 PM, Rubin Abdi wrote:
>> I've tried my home dock with 4 different ethernet cables and 3 different switches. They all couldn't pull gigabit through the dock but worked fine when plugged in directly.

Is it possible that the dock's RJ45 connector is slightly damaged? I've
seen this problem with some very expensive (and badly made) network
ports for wall-mounting, which only last about 20 insertion cycles
before some of the springs bend.

Try repeatedly running ethtool, while wiggling the end of the cable, or
inspect the socket very carefully.

Richard