[ltp] R500 suddenly won't post

Tue, 3 Nov 2015 01:49:55 +0000 (UTC)

I have a Thinkpad R500 that I'm preparing for sale.  Prior to this
trouble, it worked fine.  I installed Debian 8 on it, forgetting that it
wasn't plugged in, so the build aborted halfway into it.  So I let it
fully recharge.  When I press the power button, the numlock, capslock, and
AC lights turn on.  Then the capslock and numlock turn off.  The computer
then sits there with a blank screen doing nothing indefinitely.  Pressing
the power switch again will turn the AC light off, leaving the plug and
battery lights lit.

Where do I go from here?

--
David Griffith