[ltp] Map Fn keys to multimedia events?

Rubin Abdi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Aug 2016 14:44:28 -0700

--001a113c5bc2cd79860539d2ac33

I just recently switched to an X1 Carbon 4th gen, Debian with KDE
5.something. I also have a Lenovo wireless Thinkpad keyboard.

On the wireless keyboard F10 - F12s in combination with the Fn key being
held down initiate the multimedia events previous song, pause/play and next
song. Sadly the X1's keyboard has no multimedia buttons that I can see. At
the moment F10 - F12 are bound to silly things like mimicking OS X's expose
view and "search".

I'm wondering if there's a way to map the events that happen when I press
those less needed Fn key combos on my X1 to other things like multimedia
events so that it will more willingly get picked up by other music apps?

Thanks!

--
Rubin
rubin@starset.net

--001a113c5bc2cd79860539d2ac33

ith KDE 5.something. I also have a Lenovo wireless Thinkpad keyboard.<div><=
br></div><div>On the wireless keyboard F10 - F12s in combination with the F=
n key being held down initiate the multimedia events previous song, pause/p=
lay and next song. Sadly the X1&#39;s keyboard has no multimedia buttons th=
at I can see. At the moment F10 - F12 are bound to silly things like mimick=
>I&#39;m wondering if there&#39;s a way to map the events that happen when =
I press those less needed Fn key combos on my X1 to other things like multi=
media events so that it will more willingly get picked up by other music ap=
ss=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature">Rubin<br><a href=
=3D"mailto:rubin@starset.net" target=3D"_blank">rubin@starset.net</a><br></=
div>

--001a113c5bc2cd79860539d2ac33--