[ltp] X200/X201 or X200s/X201s

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 27 Aug 2016 13:09:31 +0200

Hi Uwe,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 09:09:16PM +0000, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> I posses a X200s and could buy either a second hand X200s or a X201. I
> am curious what are the difference between the version with «s» and
> without «s», better batteries and slimmer?
>
> I tend to opt for the X200s because of the «s» but the X201 has a bit
> more modern hardware...

200 vs 201 is:
- no touchpad vs optional touchpad
- Core2Duo vs Core iX
- that's pretty much it - well,appart from the supporting chips etc

normal vs s is:
- s can't have a webcam
- s can (and usually does) have 1440x900 TN panel
- getting a X201s in decent condition used is almost impossible
- s has a ULV CPU, which should be cooler and use less power,
  but in reality it does not really matter

all of them get the same batteries, same keyboards etc, so that should not be a dealbreaker

my 0.02€
Evgeni, happy x201s owner