[ltp] Best replacement for X61s

Arno Trautmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Jul 2016 10:00:21 +0200

Hi all,

my machine is getting old and I'd like to replace it. The casing shows
clear signs of nearly 10 years everyday use and being carried around,
and the processor also starts to feels slow.
So I'm looking for a new machine. Unfortunately, all new thinkpads have
this annoying macbook-style keyboards instead of the nice old ones with
the cone-shaped keys. This is one of the reasons I'm asking here for
some advice:
What do you think would be the best replacement? Most important points
for me are the compactness (~12"), robustness and, if somehow possible,
the same keyboard style. Doesn't have to be a new machine, used is fine
– but I'm not sure which was the last model with a nice keyboard. Also,
I don't care about high-res screens or media stuff etc.
Of course I expect perfect interplay with Linux, elsewise I would not
bother this list ;)

Any advice is highly appreciated,

best
Arno