[ltp] Battery does not charge at all T400

Christoph Schmees linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 13 Mar 2016 09:06:34 +0100

Am 13.03.2016 um 07:28 schrieb Toyam Cox:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running a Lenovo T400 thinkpad, the battery is from 2010, and
> the battery cycle count (as reported through the tp_smapi module) is
> 331 cycles. So the battery is in reasonable condition, and the
> thinkpad itself is in good condition in all but caring the battery.
>
> I do not know why, but despite buing plugged in, while the computer
> is on or off, the battry stays at 0$ charge. I cat
> /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/state and get "idle" back .
>
> Searching the archives (at least the ones since I've been
> subscribed) and google didn't turn up any information I can use to
> determine why my battery is so stubbornly not charging.
>
> Yes, the battery is at 0%. I can unplug the laptop and watch the
> machine instantly poweroff.

the battery is plain dead. The Li system degrades over time, usage
is not necessary. Fifteen years is extremely old. Get a new one and
be happy.

hth,
Christoph

--
Bitte keine Mails von USA-Providern wie AOL, me.com (Apple),
gmail (Google), hotmail/outlook.com (Microsoft) oder yahoo.