[ltp] T420 touchpad and trackpoint not working

Andreas Ronnquist linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 19:01:06 +0100

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 11:25:07 -0500
"Jeffrey L. Taylor" <jeff@abluz.dyndns.org> wrote:

>> Hi
>>
>> How can I get my touchpad and trackpoint working on a Debian 8? I
>> have recently got a t420, but cannot get them to work at all.
>>
>> What packages are required? What kernel modules need to be loaded? I
>> have tried various thing, such as the synaptics xserver input
>> driver, but with no luck.
>>
>> Other than that, the machine is in tip top shape, so I have a hard
>> time believing they would be simply out of order.
>>
>> Hint and tips would be much appreciated!
>>

>Are you sure they are enabled in the BIOS?  I detest touchpads and have
>disabled it in the BIOS.  There wasn't a reliable way to disable it in
>software when I bought my T520.

Thanks!

I did get it to work (they weren't disabled in bios) - installing
packages and playing around with settings, and then after a restart, it
suddenly works.

Unfortunately I am not 100% sure what I did though, I need to go through
my history for that...

Anyway, thanks!

best regards
/Andreas