[ltp] Questions about T43 type 2687 Thinkpad hardware

max danger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 19 May 2016 21:32:31 -0500

Based on T43p 2687D5U
1.  2 x 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz SODIMM Memory (faster memory will
run but be throttled back by board--driving the Ferrari at 25mph)
2.  ECC circuitry not available in T4X units: won't run.
3.  OS problem; OS not stated.
4.  To replace OEM Hitachi 80GB or WD320 IDE replacement hard disk
drives?  T4X drive connector is IDE to IDE/SATA converter.
5.  CPU pin layouts do not match.