[ltp] ThinkPad x200/Slackware-14.2

Rich Shepard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Oct 2016 09:11:12 -0700 (PDT)

    Yesterday I received a used Lenovo ThinkPad x200 and tried to install
Slackware-14.2/x86_64 on it using my external optical drive.

    The system booted off the distribution DVD (after I set up the BIOS to
look at the optical drive first), cfdisk allowed me to partition the drive,
and setup allowed me to assign sda1 to /, sda2 to swap, and sda3 to /home.
Nothing to see here, move along. So I did.

    Choosing to run a full installation I pressed the [Enter] key. No optical
drive spinup, and a message box displayed telling me the installation is
complete and I can reboot the computer. Well, no. Nothing was installed.

   I've run Slackware since 2003 (and Red Hat before that) and have not had a
machine instantly tell me the distribution has been installed when nothing
happened. I suspect this is a hardware issue and would appreciate any ideas
you folks have to resolve the problem.

TIA,

Rich