[ltp] trackpoint, touchpad, and buttons suddenly dead

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Sat Aug 26 13:38:11 CEST 2017

While I was using my T420, the touchpad suddenly stopped responding, as
did the mouse buttons and trackpoint.  The output of xinput shows no PS/2
keyboard/mouse interface available.  The output of lsmod shows that the
psmouse module is unused.  I checked the BIOS to see if somehow these got
turned off.  I turned them off, rebooted, then rebooted again, and turned
them back on again.  I removed the hard drive and inserted a Windows 7
hard drive I keep around for when I need to use Windows on this laptop.
Still nothing.  All this while, the keyboard has continued to function as
expected.

What could have caused the ps/2 mouse interface to fail like this?

--
David Griffith
dave at 661.org