[ltp] T530 Claims Wrong Powersupply

Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:13:57 -0300

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017, Joerg Bruehe wrote:
> This morning, I got a message on booting which I've never seen before:
> Before it showed the grub menu, the system claimed that the power supply had
> a lower wattage than expected, and required that I hit Esc to continue.

Yeah, it uses an idiotic trick to detect power supply size.

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=94554&start=90

> Should I be concerned, or just ignore this as a once-only thing?

Unless it was caused by bad contact in the power plug or damage to the
power cord, it means some component has aged enough to get borderline
behavior.  It could be in the main board, or in the power supply.

If you can, use an osciloscope to check the output signal of that power
adapter (for ripples, etc).

--
  Henrique Holschuh