[ltp] Ubuntu on T520

Bert Haskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Thu Jun 8 05:45:15 CEST 2017

On 6/7/2017 11:18 PM, Jeffrey Taylor wrote:
> The latest release is 3 years old.  Are they doing updates?
>
> On Jun 7, 2017 8:53 PM, "Roger Koehler" <roger.o.koehler at gmail.com
> <mailto:roger.o.koehler at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Try Trisquel. It uses Ubuntu, but actually works.
>
>     On Jun 7, 2017 7:42 PM, "Jeffrey Taylor" <jeff.taylor at ieee.org
>     <mailto:jeff.taylor at ieee.org>> wrote:
>
>         I have a Lenovo T520 I'd like to install a recent Ubuntu
>         release on.
>         I tried 17.04 but suspend/resume rarely works properly,
>         unplugging the
>         powerbrick freezes the system, and it's subject to infrequent
>         freezes
>         for no apparent reason.  I tried booting a 16.04.2 live USB and
>         suspending.  It logged me out and froze.
>
>         Is anyone running Ubuntu on a T520 successfully?
>
>         TIA,
>           Jeffrey
>         --

I've used ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, mint 16 thru 18 on two different T510s
with very few problems.
The reinstalls have all been because of windows related problems, not linux.
Both are dual-boot systems.
I don't know if you can suspend/hibernate from a live USB or DVD, never
tried as all of mine have been installed.

-Bert