[ltp] Ubuntu on T520

Joerg Bruehe joerg.bruehe at web.de
Thu Jun 8 08:58:15 CEST 2017

Hi Jeffrey, all!

On 08.06.2017 03:27, Jeffrey Taylor wrote:
> I have a Lenovo T520 I'd like to install a recent Ubuntu release on.
> I tried 17.04 but suspend/resume rarely works properly, unplugging the
> powerbrick freezes the system, and it's subject to infrequent freezes
> for no apparent reason.  I tried booting a 16.04.2 live USB and
> suspending.  It logged me out and froze.
>
> Is anyone running Ubuntu on a T520 successfully?

I can only report on a T530:
I'm running Kubuntu 14.04 on it, and I'm not aware of any
software-related issues.
Admitted, I have moments when the screen goes black, but the system
continues running, so I suspect a hardware issue (loose contact, ...).

I don't use suspend/resume, so I can't report on that.

The wallplug I use is switched, I use that to control the charging
process: switching it on or off while the system is running only has the
obvious effects of making the plug icon in the KDE task bar appear/
disappear and the screen go bright/dim, definitely no freeze.

HTH,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself
mailto:joerg.bruehe at web.de