[ltp] Thinkpad T450s...

zed zed at zed.net.nz
Thu Jun 15 22:57:09 CEST 2017

(https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/t450s_hmm_en_sp40g54937_01.pdf)
> it's under the base cover (see page 67), which I'd say you need to learn
> to open anyway, as there's also the hard drive and RAM there :) Now if
> for some reason the antenna cables aren't there, things will get a lot
> trickier.

Thanks for the link.  Have now downloaded the file and wil have a look to
see what is involved.

> As far as I understand you can't just insert any wireless card in
> thinkpads, the BIOS checks if it's an "authorized" one. You can find the
> supported ones in
> https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/t450s_frubom_20160115.pdf
> (right at the end). Assuming you want an 802.11ac card (why go for an
> older one?) it seems you want 00JT464 or 00JT467 (not sure what the
> difference is)

Will have a look for at those suggested and report back later.

> Have fun!

I will :-)

Zed
--
zed
Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.