[ltp] buy X1

Uwe Brauer oub.oub.oub at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 23:10:06 CEST 2017

>>> "Peter" == Peter Beck <peter at datentraeger.li> writes:

Hi thanks for the fast reply

    > On 06/20/2017 09:50 PM, Gael wrote:
    >> If it's the awful keyboard layout, it should be the 2nd gen. I have
    >> one running exclusively Linux since 3 years now. I have mainly used
    >> Debian and Fedora distribs.
    >> The only things to know is that you need to fully upgrade firmwares,
    >> notably the keyboard one to get the OLED part working.

    > I have a 2nd generation and a 4th generation model, both running Debian
    > unstable from the beginning never had any issues.

Do the f1 to f12 keys work for you (I mean whithout pressing fn)?

    > I dont'k now if the fingerprint reader on the 4th gen is working, never
    > tested (for the 2nd gen - worked flawlessy). For wireless you need to
    > install nonfree firmware.

    > At the moment the trackball on my 4th gen is driving me crazy as it
    > doesn't behave the way it should. not sure if this is software or

How mean the read small knob (which is on my X200s) or the large
trackpad?

    > hardware related. Battery life and weight is really great. I love the
    > display resolution on the 4th gen also.

    > What I dislike on these devices is the missing ethernet port.

Oops that is important at work my wirless network is slow and very much
restricted. I presume I have to use a USB port adapter?

How many usb ports does the Thinkpad posses?

Thanks

Uwe