[ltp] buy X1

Gijs Hillenius gijs at hillenius.net
Wed Jun 21 09:08:15 CEST 2017

On 20 Jun 2017, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have the opportunity to buy a thinkpad X1 (not sure which generation
> but for sure not the one with the awful keyboard layout). Any things I
> should consider concerning the hardware compatibility with linux, such
> as the graphic card? Anybody has installed Ubuntu on this machine

I got the 2017 model, which runs Debian unstable. As far as I can tell,
everything works out of the box. Very happy with it.

No complaints about the keyboard. And it has a proper row of F1-F12 keys
(which dual-function in combination with the Fn key).

There are tree keys that I don't know what they're supposed to do: the
F9 "Flower", the F12 five-pointed star and there is a key with a
swinging scissor/PrSc key.