[ltp] ThinkPad function keys

Carl Friedberg friedberg at comets.com
Wed Jun 21 13:31:41 CEST 2017

Hi,

On the 4xx series (I do not have X1) you can lock
the function keys. The choice is to have the
default (volume control, brightness, etc) when
you hit a function key. But, you can change this
behavior by pressing the Fn key and the esc
key. A little green LED comes on (position is
either the esc or the Fn, depending on the
model) and then the default is to send the
Fn key codes, so it's a single key to press.

That setting is permanent until you undo
it with the same keystroke sequence.

I like that, but it was hell figuring it out.
This is in your manual, so worth a read...

Carl Friedberg
www.comets.com
carl.friedberg at comets.com
http://about.me/carl.friedberg