[ltp] Re: Brand new (but old) battery not charging

Marcos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 01 Mar 2017 15:28:41 +0100

Hi,

A 2017-02-25 21:58, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh escrigué:

> It is possible for an *original* thinkpad battery to survive 10 years
> at
> good condition, but *not* if it was forgotten on the shelf.
>
> It takes:
>
> 1. Keeping it stored at ~10°C, non-condensing
>
> 2. Keeping it at 40-50% charge, so it needs to be partially recharged
>    every so often.

Thanks for that information.  I seriously doubt it has been kept like
that.
I asked for a refund and they did so, but didn't want me to send the
battery back so.. They probably knew/assume it was/might be faulty.

I don't know if I can do something to try to bring it back to life...

Best regards,
--
Marcos