[ltp] T530 Claims Wrong Powersupply

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 05 Mar 2017 15:06:11 +0100

Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> writes:

> Now the next question is of course: Where do I get hold of a dongle (or
> other type of barrel-to-rectangle adapter) with the appropriate 65W
> signature? I guess I could cut one open and convert it myself, but the
> result wouldn't look all that good...

Well, I went along and tried. Cut the rectangle connector open and found
a 560 ohm 1/4 watt resistor inside.  Replaced it with a 300 ohm 1/2 watt
resistor, which was the closest to 280 I had.  Wasn't really a problem
fitting the slightly larger resistor.  Just carved out a bit more
plastic from the molded connector housing and glued it back together.

The initial test looked good.  But I don't know for sure before I've
tested it with the power supply I have at work.

It would be nice to be able to read out what kind of power supply the
firmware has detected, instead of guessing based on the power drain.
Anyone know how to read that from the firmware?

Being able to force "rapid charging" off would also be great, if
possible. That would allow the use of a misidentified power supply.

Bjørn