[ltp] X1 Carbon WWAN snafu

Mon, 6 Mar 2017 15:00:30 -0300

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017, Hans-Christian Hartmann wrote:
> So the Windows driver puts the modem in the right mode (mood? :) and the
> Linux Modem/NetworkManager combo forgets something important.
>
> What can this be? How can I find out and fix this?

First, you should check the rfkill status of the WWAN device.  If it is
"rfkilled", it won't work and might not even show up in the bus.

The way to do this is distro-dependant, Debian and Ubuntu have an
"rfkill" package with an rfkill tool, and also an urfkill package with a
daemon that presumably listen to some input events related to
rfkill-style keys and switches.

NetworkManager likely has a way to interact with the rfkill subsystem
as well.

Also, try pressing the relevant Fn+Fx hotkey a few times...

--
  Henrique Holschuh