[ltp] T420: Blank console with linux 4.13.12

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Sat Nov 11 10:20:30 CET 2017

Last night I tried out the latest stable kernel and found that after
kms kicks in I have a blank console. Well, I *thought* it was blank at
first, but if you look closely enough you can see the text, but it's
almost black.

According to fbset -i I have the same settings as my older stable
kernel - 4.4.88.

I don't know if there is a way to set the colours for kms. Maybe set
to something simpler like 256?

I know I can just use nomodeset, but I'd like to see the boot messages
across the full width of my ext monitor is possible.