[ltp] [bios?] (was: Thinkpad X1 Carbon and Ubuntu 14.04 problems)

Uwe Brauer oub.oub.oub at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 16:52:27 CEST 2017

   > On 16 Oct 2017, Uwe Brauer wrote:

   > Hi,

   > I use Debian unstable on my now 6 months old brand new 2017 X1:

   > A few lines from LSPCI:

   > Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio (rev 21)
   > Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 8265 / 8275 (rev 88)

   > And /almost everything/ just works fine here. I'm having some issues
   > with iwlfiwi, which does not like if I take the power cable out .. (I
   > need to debug that still)..

Ok I tested Ubuntu 16 and there everything was found, however after the
installation and booting, GRUB was ignored, that is the X1 just started
Windows 10. I now recall that there is some new bootloader preinstalled
in the BIOS.

What shall I do in order to boot linux, which is installed?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer