[ltp] X270 and Huawei MU736 WWAN module

Alexander Karlstad alexander at karlstad.be
Mon Sep 11 11:07:37 CEST 2017

On 11. sep. 2017 11:00, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> All Thinkpads have a short BIOS whitelist of accepted modems, listing
> only the specific Lenovo options for that Thinkpad.
>
> Why do you want to use a Huawei MU736?

Compatibility with Ubuntu, and also price. I have read that the Sierra
EM7455 module that is recommended for the X270 does not work with Ubuntu.

I only want WWAN as a backup and use it for simple stuff like ssh and
web browsing and don't really care if it is a 3G or 4G capable model.

--
Alexander Karlstad