[ltp] X270 and Huawei MU736 WWAN module

Alexander Karlstad alexander at karlstad.be
Mon Sep 11 12:23:13 CEST 2017

On 11. sep. 2017 12:08, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Really? Then they should fix that.  It most certainly works with Linux,
> so if it doesn't work in Ubuntu then that is because they have screwed
> up something in the distro.
>
> The EM7455 works flawlessly with Debian stretch, so it shouldn't be too
> hard for Ubuntu to fix whatever issues they might have.

I just noticed the warning at Ubuntu's certification page[1]. It might
be that it just doesn't work in 16.04 and older versions.

Anyway, it does not really answer my question regarding the MU736 and if
I _can_ buy and use that instead as I've seen very cheap used ones on eBay.

A new EM7455 will cost me at least 1500 NOK (about 200 USD), and I've
seen used MU736 modules for 2-300 NOK (25-40 USD).

[1]: https://certification.ubuntu.com/hardware/201701-25357/

--
Alexander Karlstad