[ltp] X1 6th generation and X280 (is the X280 now a ultrabook)?

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Apr 30 02:50:09 CEST 2018

> that ultrabook, nice screen, fast, light thin, long batteries life (I
> however don't like the keyboard that much nor the fact that I can't
> easily change batteries/hard disk/RAM).

I changed the SSD in an 5th gen X1 without any trouble.

It's a bit less straightforward than with an X60, admittedly, but it's
quite tolerable.  The RAM OTOH is soldered on (which is why I bought
mine with the RAM maxed out, since in my experience the amount of RAM is
the limiting factor in the long run).

I think the battery can also be changed without too much trouble, tho it
does require opening the case (similar to changing the SSD).

        Stefan