[ltp] T42 Dark Screen

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Thu Dec 6 21:34:43 CET 2018

	My old T42 almost never lights its display. I managed today to
get a 32-bit Fedora 29 Linux net install onto it. At least, it said it
had succeeded, and to go ahead and reboot. I did. It went into its Black
Dog Mode, and not even closing and reopening the lid gives a display.

	Maybe I should mention that when I'm at all likely to want it, I
keep it plugged into the wall (with a surge protector) and open. Is that
bad?

	I'm guessing this is a hardware problem. My questions are two:
can it be repaired? And if so, is it worth it?
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.