[ltp] T42 Dark Screen

Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DC CD) martin.schuster1 at infineon.com
Fri Dec 7 08:56:17 CET 2018

On 2018-12-06 21:34, Beartooth wrote:

> My old T42 almost never lights its display. I managed today to get a
> 32-bit Fedora 29 Linux net install onto it. At least, it said it had
> succeeded, and to go ahead and reboot. I did. It went into its Black
> Dog Mode, and not even closing and reopening the lid gives a display.

Is the display completely dark, even during POST?
In that case, the inverter might be broken, you can get a replacement
for <10$. Search for "T42 inverter" (or d/l the maintenance manual and
find the exact part number)

hth,
Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH     Martin.Schuster1 at infineon.com
Lakeside B05, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria     Martin Schuster
          FB: LG Klagenfurt, FN 246787y     +43 5 1777 3517