[ltp] T580 Debian stretch

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sat Jun 2 17:10:08 CEST 2018

When I did research about the MX150 on a T480s, it looked like you simply
grab the non-free drivers from Nvidia through their special installer, drop
then in and go. The caveat that I kept on finding was folks needing to
reboot each time they wanted to switch between internal graphic, and the
battery hungry MX150. That was enough for me to decide not to bother with
it and just went with a machine that ran off internal graphic. .

On the other side of things, I run Debian Sid on a ThinkPad T480s without
too many headaches or minor issues. It just works for the most part,
including Thunderbolt 3. The only thing I haven't gotten working (for lack
of need and effort) has been to do something interesting with the IR
camera.

I'm not sure what kernel Stretch is stuck on these days, but I imagine you
might need to build your own to over come issues, if you hit any.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net