[ltp] X1 6th generation and X280 (is the X280 now a ultrabook)?

Stefan Monnier monnier at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Wed May 2 14:04:45 CEST 2018

>    >> that ultrabook, nice screen, fast, light thin, long batteries life (I
>    >> however don't like the keyboard that much nor the fact that I can't
>    >> easily change batteries/hard disk/RAM).
>    > I changed the SSD in an 5th gen X1 without any trouble.
>    > It's a bit less straightforward than with an X60, admittedly, but it's
>    > quite tolerable.
> Good to know, thanks. I presume in youtube I can find videos describing
> it.

For Thinkpads, I recommend to use the hardware maintenance manual first.
After that comes ifixit.com.

>    > The RAM OTOH is soldered on (which is why I bought mine with the
>    > RAM maxed out, since in my experience the amount of RAM is the
>    > limiting factor in the long run).
> Ah if I had known this is in advance.  How can one find out (without
> opening and looking)?

IIRC I consulted the hardware maintenance manual.  I don't think it says
that explicitly, but it says it "by omission".

        Stefan