[ltp] External USB keyboard w/ T520

Richard Neill rn214 at richardneill.org
Mon May 28 20:21:55 CEST 2018

Hi Rubin,

For what it's worth, I've also hunted lots. I use the USB compact
ultranav in some places, but the keys are too small, and they have the
insane positioning of the PgUp,PgDn keys right next to the arrow keys,
which I frequently mis-strike.

The older desktop USB/trackpoint keyboard is still a great choice, and
it's FRU 55Y9091, but I don't know where you can find them.

This one looks ideal, so I bought one. The keys are great. However:
There's no middle-button or scrolling, which is a real nuisance, and the
two mouse keys require WAY too much force to press with the side of a
thumb.
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/endurapro-buckling-spring-keyboard-with-nipple-black-usb.asp

You may like one of the "contour roller mouse" alternatives.

Otherwise... buy an A22p (really solid, with the best layout of 2+1
mouse buttons), and use x2x to control the desktop!

HTH,

Richard

P.S. Ergonomically, I usually find the problem is that the floor is too
high. Usually, desktop, chair, mouse, keyboard and monitor line up just
fine - if only I could put my feet 6" lower. So I now have to get a
taller chair, raised desk, and raise the monitors!