[ltp] Lenovo Thinkpad 11e: F12 & Fn keys

Dave Woodfall dave at tty1.uk
Thu Apr 11 17:39:32 CEST 2019

On Thursday 11 April 2019 11:49,
Maurice <maurice at bcs.org.uk> put forth the proposition:
> Although in the BIOS setup F12 can be selected separately (e.g.to select
> booting device)
> when it comes to invoking the Linux terminal-session app Yakuake (default
> setting =
> F12), F12 no-ops unless the 'Fn' key is also pressed, which is a nuisance.
>    [One solution is to define a different F key, but I use F12 on all our
> other PC's.]
>
> Is there a way of avoiding the Fn key in this case?
>
> /\/\aurice
>
> --

That's odd.

Does F12 work with any other applications?

If you type 'cat' in another terminal like xterm, what is the code
that is output when you press F12?  What do you see with fn+F12?

i.e. For plain F12, I get:
^[[24~

Cheers
Dave
--

A Los Angeles judge ruled that "a citizen may snore with immunity in
his own home, even though he may be in possession of unusual and