[ltp] Model??

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Aug 4 19:00:44 CEST 2019

On Sun, 04 Aug 2019 09:10:03 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> You're likely looking right at it.  Thinkpads usually have their model
> number printed on the black rim around the screen.

	Hmmm.... Would E570 in the extreme upper right corner of the rim
around the keyboard be a model number?

>> 	In case this problem is known to be common on more than one
>> model, here's a stab. At first it did just fine. Then it stopped,
>> saying "Disconnected," and kept saying that, regardless what wifi I
>> tried to get it to use. (There is one LAN, hidden, which I set up years
>> ago, with a password. There are two whose names match defaults on my
>> router; I tried both. There is one calling itself "xfinity wifi," which
>> could be mine, inasmuch as I get my Net access from Comcast, which
>> calls itself by that name.)

> My crystal ball says it has nothing to do with hardware,

	Well, that may save me a (possibly futile) trip to the shop. Any
ideas what else might be wrong? Offhand, I recall only a little of what
I've installed besides Fedora 30: Alpine, Pan, and pretty much every
browser available via dnf, plus Vivaldi and Opera.
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.