[ltp] Model??

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Aug 6 19:04:34 CEST 2019

On Mon, 05 Aug 2019 10:39:27 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 04, 2019 at 09:00:12PM -0500, Kim Blewett (gm) wrote:
>> On some Thinkpad models the detailed info label is inside the battery
>> compartment: If it's not on the bottom of the case and the machine has
>> a removable battery at the back, take it out and look underneath it.
>
> Or you could open a terminal and run
>
>     head /sys/class/dmi/id/product_*

	I don't have a live thumbstick, but there are a couple of blank
ones around here somewhere; I'll try to uncover one and make a live
Fedora medium of it.

	Meanwhile, there is indeed a mass of info on the under side, but
it's too faint for my antique eyeballs. I'll have to get someone to read
it to me. There is also a pair of buttons which appear to be designed to
lock and unlock the battery -- and my trifocal fingers don't do much
better with them that my arthritic eyeballs. I should manage to get
around to trying the head command above. Stay tuned.
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.