[ltp] What T for Fedora?

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 17:41:34 CET 2019

	I've read, though I disremember where and when, that some
malevolent soul had come up with a way to make it hard to replace the OS
on a computer. Unlikely though that seems, I've had a netbook and a PC
from an outfit that builds them with Ubuntu pre-installed; the first
accepted Fedora instead with ease, but the second was so troublesome that
I had to get help, even though I've been installing and running Fedora
since it was RH 7.

	I don't know whether modern Thinkpads have this malevolent
feature, though I hope not. In any case, the time has about come for a
new laptop for me, and we've had good experience with Thinkpads.

	It must easily accept and run Fedora; if I can get one with
Fedora (or any Linux) installed instead of a Microsoft OS, that would be
an advantage.

	I'd also like it to be good at topographic map software
(especially Garmin or OSM or both) and at browsers. I run almost every
browser Fedora supports, often two or three at once, and often with many
tabs (typically over 200) set.  High resolution, for zooming both web
pages and maps, would be an advantage.

	It can be on the large side. I think I prefer new.
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.