[ltp] RAM for a X260

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sat Jan 12 12:27:32 CET 2019

Hi,

On Jan/12/2019, Eric Wong wrote:
> Carles Pina i Estany <carles at pina.cat> wrote:
> > Any recommended brand?
> >
> > In the past I've bought and I haven't had any problems from crucial.com
> > (to send it to the UK).
>
> No experience with the X260, but Crucial RAM has been good to me for
> ages, now :)

good! (I haven't bought anything from them for a few years but I had
good experience as well)

> Whatever you get, make sure it has a good return policy in case it
> fails during extensive memtest86+ (or it's cheap enough to be not
> worth the shipping/return cost :).
>
> 16 GB in a machine without ECC is a bit frightening, though.  Maybe
> I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to lack of ECC.

My understanding is that the laptop doesn't support ECC, so ECC is not
an option in this case

I'll check that I can return if problems happen...

Thanks very much!

--
Carles Pina i Estany
	Web: http://pinux.info || Blog: http://pintant.cat