[ltp] Thinkpad fanboy ramble Re: What T for Fedora?

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jan 16 18:01:09 CET 2019

> FYI, LCDFans on Facebook [link] <https://www.facebook.com/lcdfans/> did
> just that for the T60 15-inch standard screen, T60/T61 14-inch standard
> screen and the X60/X61 as well, called them the T70 and X62 respectively,
> they are an English language contact for forum members on the Chinese form
> 51nb.com. I saw on the Facebook page that there is talk of another run of
> the X62 mainboard with an i5-5200DU

I find the X6x rather uninteresting: the 1024x768 resolution is just not
good enough for me (tho I do use one but only to connect it to
a projector for presentations) and I haven't been able to find panels
that fit with a higher resolution (I even found it somewhat difficult to
find the 1024x768 panels at a decent price).

OTOH, a 14" 4/3 T70 would be very attractive (the 1400x1050 screens are
good enough for me and the 4/3 aspect ratio is ideal for 14" laptops
since it makes the screen just as wide as a regular width keyboard).

        Stefan