[ltp] Trustworthy source for replacement fans?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Jun 4 03:20:15 CEST 2019

I used up the last of my stockpile of original Toshiba
manufactured X61 Thinkpad fans, replacing a Chinese
knockoff "Xiurdz" fan which (like its predecessor)
lasted 15 months.  The fans are buried pretty deep in
the X61, and take an hour to replace, while risking
cables and connectors and sockets inside.

I tried to order 5 42X3805 fans on eBay (the picture
showed a Toshiba-labeled fan) and got 5 more Xiurdz
(pronounced "turds") fans today.  They are going back.

Where can I find fans likely to last at least 5 years?
Which manufacturers are trustworthy, and who sells
them?  The original fans (on multiple machines) lasted
nearly 10 years.  I'll pay 10 times the knockoff price
for a 5 year fan.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com