[ltp] thinkpad X1 7th o 8th generation

Basil L. Contovounesios basil.conto at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 19:58:17 CEST 2020

Uwe Brauer <oub.oub.oub at gmail.com> writes:

>    > Am Freitag, 14. August 2020, 12:00:01 CEST schrieb linux-thinkpad-
>    > request at linux-thinkpad.org:
>    >> That's completely useless in my experience.  It just means that you
>    >> might be able to boot Ubuntu.  Which you already knew.  It's very hard
>    >> to prevent...
>
> I started the thread and I am a bit confused. With a Thinkpad X1 7th or
> 8th generation, does, Linux and in  particular, Ubuntu 20.04 support the following
>
>     1. The network card?
>
>     2. The graphic card?
>
> These are the issues that are most important for me. It would be nice to
> know
>
>     1. If suspend, hibernation work
>
>     2. Resume especially the network card
>
> All other issues are not that important.

I'm not an expert, but I'd expect these to work, considering Lenovo is
planning to ship X1 Carbon Gen8 with Fedora 32 preinstalled, rumoured to
be released by September.

Lenovo also seems to be moving towards certifying and preinstalling more
laptops with Ubuntu / Red Hat, and upstreaming drivers.

https://fedoramagazine.org/coming-soon-fedora-on-lenovo-laptops/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2020/08/10/lenovo-new-thinkpad-p53-fedora-linux-laptop/

https://news.lenovo.com/pressroom/press-releases/lenovo-brings-linux-certification-to-thinkpad-and-thinkstation-workstation-portfolio-easing-deployment-for-developers-data-scientists/

HTH,