[ltp] No wireless after Debian install

Cynthia Eliason cyne at cmk4u.com
Wed Dec 2 01:26:46 CET 2020

  I've just installed Debian on my Thinkpad T520 and it seems to be
  good except that it doesn't see any wireless networks.  I've got it
  connected to an ethernet cable so it does have internet access. I
  used Synaptic to upgrade everything that was upgradeable. I've
  re-started. Under "Network Configuration" the only option shown is
  still Ethernet.
   I had been running Mint on it and wireless was working.  I only
   installed Debian to try something different, am not
   generally comfortable with using the command line unless someone can
   tell me exactly what to type.  If there is no easy way to get Debian
   to see the wireless hardware, I'll ditch Debian rather than fight
   with it. There are plenty of other options or I can go back to
   Mint. But before I do that I thought I'd see if anyone here has some
   simple solution for this problem.

  Cynthia Eliason