[ltp] No wireless after Debian install

Steve Izma sizma at golden.net
Wed Dec 2 03:06:32 CET 2020

On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 08:57:13PM -0500, Cynthia Eliason wrote:
> Subject: Re: [ltp] No wireless after Debian install
>
>   Thank you! I found and installed the non-free firmware package but it
>   doesn't seem to have changed anything.  I re-started the computer but
>   it is still only offering me the Ethernet connection.
>
>    Looking for information I opened the dreaded terminal and typed
>    lspci and it said "command not found."  Tried "iwconfig" and
>    "command not found."

lspci should be in the pciutils package. iwconfig I think is
deprecated. The "ip" command should give you useful information,
probably with "ip link". It should list all the networking
devices it can find.

    -- Steve

--
Steve Izma
-

==
I have always felt the necessity to verify what to many seemed a
simple multiplication table.
	-- Ilya Ehrenburg (Soviet author and critic; he's not
	   talking about mathematics)