[ltp] No wireless after Debian install

tomtom at tutanota.com tomtom at tutanota.com
Wed Dec 2 03:48:20 CET 2020

Just because I recently came across a case where someone had similar symptoms and was quite desperate because wireless wasn't working - and it turned out that they accidentally moved the hardware-switch for wireless connections that you can still find on older Thinkpads...

I'm pretty sure the T520 doesn't have that anymore, and most likely you already ruled out this option, and it's quite unlikely that this is the solution to your problem... But also on newer Thinkpads you can turn WiFi on and off with a combination of Fn+F(1-12), I think it's usually F5, but the blue icons on the F-keys should tell you which one.

Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know and have tried out before. But in case you haven't, there's a slight chance that this could save you a lot of hassle and give you an "Aaah, it's working!"-moment...

2. Dez. 2020, 02:57 von cyne at cmk4u.com: