[ltp] X1 (4th Generation) Ubuntu 16.06 trackpoint slow

Uwe Brauer oub.oub.oub at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 19:03:42 CET 2020

>>> "BM" == Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:

   > I have an X1 4th Gen, running Debian buster and using libinput.  I do
   > not see any issues with the trackpoint.  It is fast and precise.

   > Extract of the touchpad and traclpoint parts of "libinput list-devices"
   > output:

   > Device:           TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint
   > Kernel:           /dev/input/event2
   > Group:            9
   > Seat:             seat0, default
   > Capabilities:     pointer
   > Tap-to-click:     n/a
   > Tap-and-drag:     n/a
   > Tap drag lock:    n/a
   > Left-handed:      disabled
   > Nat.scrolling:    disabled
   > Middle emulation: disabled
   > Calibration:      n/a
   > Scroll methods:   *button
   > Click methods:    none
   > Disable-w-typing: n/a
   > Accel profiles:   flat *adaptive
   > Rotation:         n/a

Ok it seems that Ubuntu 16.04 has now

A directory
 /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d
inside is a file
 90-libinput.conf
whose content is

# Match on all types of devices but tablet devices and joysticks
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "libinput pointer catchall"
        MatchIsPointer "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "libinput"
	Option "AccelSpeed" "-0.40"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "libinput keyboard catchall"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "libinput"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "libinput touchpad catchall"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "libinput"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "libinput touchscreen catchall"
        MatchIsTouchscreen "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "libinput"
EndSection