[ltp] T530 Battery Clicking

Tim Evans tkevans at tkevans.com
Sun Jul 12 18:32:12 CEST 2020

Not specifically Linux...

My T530 is doing a lot of clicking as I hold it here in my lap.  I
believe this sound is from whatever senses removal/replacement of the
power cord (and therefore switches the laptop from wallplug to battery
power--or back).  This distintive double-click sound, in fact, has
occured five or six times during the typing of this message.

As this clicking occurs, I can see the battery charge indicator on my
Fedora Gnome desktop go from "charge" to "running on battery" and back.
Screen also flashes.

I had a similar issue long ago with a T61 and finally narrowed it down
to the original Lenovo power supply cable not being right-sized for an
after-market 9-cell battery.

In the current situation, however, the power supply and battery are all
the true Lenovo originals that came with the system.

So, am I looking at a failing battery?  Bad power supply/cord? Something
else?

Thanks for help.
--
Tim Evans			|5 Chestnut Court