[ltp] Too many choices!

cr cr at orcon.net.nz
Thu May 28 14:59:08 CEST 2020

On Thu, 28 May 2020 14:59:01 +0300
Dmitry Nezhevenko <dion at dion.org.ua> wrote:

> On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 09:35:49AM +1200, cr wrote:
> >
> > Yves, some of those models (e.g. T440,L440) don't have separate
> > buttons on top of the trackpad either.   They have the click
> > function integrated into the trackpad (the whole pad clicks - a
> > 'clickpad'). This is easily seen in photos - no buttons top or
> > bottom.
>
> I've successfully replaced such button-less clickpad on my t440p with
> trackpad that has buttons on top. Purchased it on ebay. It costs
> around $20 but gives much better trackpoint experience.

Thanks for the tip!   I just found one on Ebay and ordered it.
Assuming it works as advertised it really will make a big difference to
the usability of my L440  (at present I usually use a USB wireless
mouse just because trying to click the clickpad without inadvertently
moving the pointer is so awkward).

cr