[ltp] Sleeping X390 discoverable on Bluetooth???

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Oct 16 17:08:04 CEST 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 09:27:39AM +0200, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Am 13.10.2020 um 08:28 schrieb Marius Gedminas:
> > On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 09:43:36AM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > > I've recently discovered that my X390 is discoverable on Bluetooth while
> > > it's in S3 sleep.  I have two questions:
> > >
> > > 1. What the heck?
> >
> IMHO this is a always on feature which is supported on windows. it allows
> for example wake-on-lan via wirless network.
> I would look into the UEFI Bios if there is an option to turn the "always on
> feature off",

Nope.  The closest thing to it is Always on USB, for charging external
devices while the laptop is sleeping.

> and make sure you have the latest bios installed.

Yep, thanks to fwupd and gnome-software!

My current theory is that my desktop (GNOME) enabled bluetooth
discoverability at some point when I was fiddling trying to reconnect my
Bluetooth headset, and didn't disable it when it should have (when I
closed the control panel).

I added a

    if [ -n "$PS1" ]; then
        bluetoothctl show | grep -E '(Discoverable|Pairable): yes' || true
    fi

to my ~/.bashrc so at least I'll notice when BT is enabled when it
shouldn't be.  So far it hasn't happened again.

Marius Gedminas
--
<ebassi> if libfolks development was to be narrated by Bob Saget it would sound
         something like this: kids, in 2011 we tried to use vala to write