[ltp] T61 screen flickering

cr cr at orcon.net.nz
Wed Apr 28 02:52:47 CEST 2021

My experience is extremely limited, so please read this accordingly.
I don't know if this helps, but the screen on my T400 failed in a similar
way, and I just replaced the backlight (quite cheap on Ebay, around
$15).

Taking the screen off was straightforward, just following the
service manual (free pdf download from Lenovo's site), but it didn't
cover replacing the backlight, I found a couple of Youtube videos that
were near enough as a guide.

Have to be very careful with the backlight tube, it's quite delicate
and fiddly until fixed in place.   (I broke one, fortunately since
they're cheap I'd bought two).

HTH

Chris