[ltp] Experiences fixing slim tip power conector

Der PC-Flüsterer Christoph Schmees cschmees at pc-fluesterer.info
Wed Jul 14 16:34:34 CEST 2021

Am 14.07.21 um 10:47 schrieb Ismael Olea:

> Hi:
>
> I'm having problems with a couple power adapters because the cable got broken at the laptop connector side. As you know that cable is unpluggable/fixed, but both adapters are pretty good and I want to reuse them, for money saving and (ecological) reuse.
>
> Does anyone here have experience fixing these cables?

yes, BTDT.
You have to locate the precise place of the interruption. Cut the cable there, remove a bit of the insulation.
Do a bit of soldering; the use of insulating material and of heat shrink tubing is recommended (for the inner wire *and* for the complete thing). Heat shrink tubing may serve as bend protection as well, otherwise use something extra as bend protection.
Done that several times. Well, the WAF of the result may be low ... ;-)

hth
Christoph

--
Please no mails from US providers such as AOL, me.com(icloud (Apple),
gmail (Google), hotmail/outlook.com (Microsoft) oder yahoo.