[ltp] Experiences fixing slim tip power conector

Olaf Schultz o.schultz at enhydralutris.de
Sat Jul 17 15:24:06 CEST 2021

On 7/14/21 8:55 PM, Ismael Olea wrote:

> I've found I can buy the cable I
> need: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4001286073872.html
> <https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4001286073872.html>

I won't use this cable.

The original TP Power Cables have sufficient copper (look at the AWG, if
still readable;-).
That from Aliexpress seems to have that not.
The better choice would be
-buy a single Plug and complete it with the resistor as mentioned
Thinkwiki... (or buy the Ali-Cable and follow below;-)

-Or locate, as written, the point of the interruption and reuse the
existing connector (cut away all the plastic stuff with a sharp knife,
solder the cable, use shrink tube (several layers) and hot glue.
For shrink tube: There are types with an added glue on the inner side
which works pretty well for sealing and glueing.)

BTW: AWG # Resistor(Ohm) I found in original Lenovo Power supplys for
Slim-Tip 20V
45W: 20 # 120
65W: 18 # 280
90W: 17 # 550
170W: 16 # 1900
230W: 14 # 4600

HTH, Greetings,

Olaf

> Thanks all for the answers :)
>
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 12:47 PM Ismael Olea <ismael at olea.org
> <mailto:ismael at olea.org>> wrote:
>

>     Hi:
>
>     I'm having problems with a couple power adapters because the cable
>     got broken at the laptop connector side. As you know that cable is
>     unpluggable/fixed, but both adapters are pretty good and I want to
>     reuse them, for money saving and (ecological) reuse.
>
>     Does anyone here have experience fixing these cables?
>
>     --
>
>     Ismael Olea
>
>     http://olea.org/diario/ <http://olea.org/diario/>
>

> --