[ltp] T61 screen flickering (backlight tube)

tomtom at tutanota.com tomtom at tutanota.com
Sun May 9 17:35:21 CEST 2021

Dear Keith, Chris, Stefan, Hendrik-Jan and everyone else!

I've been very busy lately and didn't find the time to reply to your answers so far. Thank you for your help with analyzing my problem and suggesting possible solutions!

So, now at least I'm sure it has nothing to do with the GPU, and that it's a problem of the backlight.

I love Keith's suggestion to "hack" the screen with a LED backlight, but honestly right now, I can't imagine when I would have the free time for such a project. If I found one, my preferred option would be to replace the screen as a whole. But I didn't find a 14.1" 4 by 3 screen yet (or a whole T61 of that size where maybe something else is broken), so I'll have to to exchange the backlight separately.

I found one which I hope will fit:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/233002573330?hash=item3640091e12:g:~0wAAOSw8PJb6T0E

Thanks again for your answers! I really appreciate this list and the effort people put into helping each other out!

All the best,
Tom

29. Apr. 2021, 06:56 von keithl at kl-ic.com: