[ltp] T480s, battery state jumping from fully-charged to charging while plugged in, battery LED doesn't change

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jun 15 17:23:46 CEST 2022

>     state:               fully-charged
>     warning-level:       none
>     energy:              51.31 Wh
>     energy-empty:        0 Wh
>     energy-full:         53.09 Wh
>     energy-full-design:  57 Wh
>     energy-rate:         3.085 W
>     voltage:             12.988 V
>     charge-cycles:       14
>     percentage:          96%
>     capacity:            93.1404%
>
>     state:               charging
>     warning-level:       none
>     energy:              51.32 Wh
>     energy-empty:        0 Wh
>     energy-full:         53.09 Wh
>     energy-full-design:  57 Wh
>     energy-rate:         3.769 W
>     voltage:             12.909 V
>     charge-cycles:       14
>     time to full:        28.2 minutes
>     percentage:          96%
>     capacity:            93.1404%

I thought you said the battery was full.  Yet it shows "percentage:
96%", do you know why?  Was this after you set
`charge_control_end_threshold` to 96?  What was the value in that
field before?

> I dumped "96" into
> /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/charge_control_end_threshold and it's
> stopped flipping.  But I thought this would tune 0%-96% to scale what
> my battery meter would display with 0%-100%, and not just stop
> charging at 96% displayed on the meter.

The charge can still be higher than 96% (e.g. because it was charged
elsewhere or at a time when this setting had a different value), so it
makes sense to display "96%" rather than "100%".

        Stefan